Old Water Tower
Near the historical water tower, known by the locals as the 'upside-down dresser', a new district is taking shape.
The water tower on the Stadtwerder peninsula was completed in 1873. Its affectionate nickname is 'the upside-down dresser', as its four towers are thought to resemble the feet of a chest of drawers.
At the moment, the building is occasionally used for exhibitions and theatre performances, but soon the former water tower will form the centrepiece of a new city quarter, as 220 residential units are being built in this highly desirable location on the grounds of the former waterworks.
The city centre, Lake Werdersee and Café Sand are all located just a stone's throw, or a boat's length, from the water tower.
How to get there