St. Stephen’s Cultural Church
Church that doubles as a cultural exhibition. Built in 1139, destroyed in 1944 and rebuilt in 1950 with Beckerath organ and Mitzlaff windows.
St. Stephen's Church, dating from 1139, was completely destroyed during the Second World War and rebuilt in 1950. Its overall appearance is dominated by a Beckerath organ and a window by the artist Mitzlaff.
Since 2007, St. Stephen's has been a 'cultural church', intending to promote a dialogue between the church and the arts. It is open to all forms of culture, including exhibitions, concerts, readings, theatre and preacher-poetry-slam, and aims to be a place for cultural experimentation and spiritual exploration.
Tue-Sun 11am-5pm and Events